Here is a list of major sports events around the world that are in the process of re-starting or have been rescheduled due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
* Major League Football players returned to voluntary training on May 6.
* The 2020 K-League season kicked off on May 8 behind closed doors.
* Euro 2020 and Copa America were postponed. The two tournaments will now be scheduled to take place from June 11 to July 11, 2021.
* The Euro 2021 Women’s Championship has been postponed to July 6-31, 2022.
* Asian Champions League: The beginning of the knockout rounds was pushed back to September.
* The Chinese Football Association has drawn up three plans to complete the 2020 Chinese Super League season, one of which would see the campaign start in late June and finish in December.
* The women’s Bundesliga season will restart from May 29.
* The Portuguese league approved nine stadiums for the league’s restart.
* Costa Rica became the first country in the Americas to restart their professional league.
* The women’s Under-20 World Cup in Panama and Costa Rica, postponed from August-September, has been replanned for Jan. 20-Feb. 6, 2021.
* The National Women’s Soccer League said clubs could start small group training sessions from May 25. The league is rescheduled for a late June return with a single city month-long tournament.
* The postponed Tokyo Olympics will now start on July 23, 2021, and run until Aug. 8.
* World Athletics has postponed Olympic qualification until December.
The postponed Paralympic Games will run from Aug. 24-Sep. 5, 2021.
WORLD BEACH GAMES
The 2021 World Beach Games were rescheduled to 2023.
* The 2021 World Games have been postponed by a year to avoid clashing with the Olympics.